Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Tiny Needle Tuesday

 

I don't have much to show for this week stitch-wise. I have to fill in all that green that I ripped out last week so I outlined it thinking it would now make a good project for when I'm sitting in the car waiting for The Mister to come out of therapy. 



I attempted to at least get that last leaf on before I pack Patchwork Autumn away but I now have to rip it out. I started one stitch down too far and now it hits the bottom of the frame. Argh.....how hard would it have been to just count to 3 correctly? I could kick myself. 




I did do a lot of stitching on the binding on the fall batik hot pads. I have two of them done now.




I finished machine quilting the placemats yesterday. Those are some mighty big placemats. Sewing on their binding is NOT going to be fun.




And......that last batch of soap turned out just fine. The honey color could have been a bit more honey colored but other than that it is a win. I made 17 batches in all. My new shelf system holds a lot more than my old system so I kept making soap trying to fill them up. That's 85 bars if they all turn out. Yikes.  




6 comments:

  1. That's a boat-load of soap! The stitching is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on all the soap! The room with your shelves must smell wonderful. Sorry about the cross-stitch but the placemats and hot pads are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Outlining that area is a brilliant idea. Wish I would have thought of that one on some of my larger projects. :-) I can only imagine how heavenly your soap room must smell. And the potholders and placemats all look so autumnal. Very pretty.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I was close enough, I'd sew your binding for you - I love sewing binding!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This last batch of soap is one of my favorites. I love the pretty swirls of color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful stitching! Sorry about the counting problem! lol The soap is gorgeous; that's quite an amazing batch this time!

    ReplyDelete