Saturday, November 11, 2023

Sunrise

 

If you look at the clock on the boardwalk you can see what time Pup and I had a stroll yesterday. We had to drop The Mister off at therapy at 7 am. I thought it would be awful but it was a wonderful morning in spite of the cold drizzle. Pup and I walked all over town.




Back at home Pup and The Mister went down for a nap and I got to clear off the dining room table and actually SEW SOMETHING. I put one more edge strip onto the Dresden. It was the first time I got to use that wool pressing mat and I LOVE IT. As you can see I only have a little travel iron and that mat works miracles on all those hard to iron out fold wrinkles.





Even though I only have one more long brown edge strip to sew down on the Dresden I got bored with it. I have wanted to make some fall place-mats using that box of leftover fall batik from that fall quilt I just finished so I started making two mini versions of it for the table. 




Alas....as feared Mistletoe is still in the mold. It's still too soft to take out. Right now it looks like someone sprinkled glitter on some spinach dip so I'm a little fearful of what lies beneath.



I am still totally chuffed over how well Winter Wonderland turned out so how about another photo of it instead? It's on its way to the upstairs curing racks now. 




I bought new shelves a few weeks ago. Now I can double it up and store more soap in less space. 




Yesterday's soap was Peppermint. I made a giant mess out of it. It got thick really fast so it's probably going to look like a gloppy mess but it smells wonderful. I wanted some peppermint all day but all I had was some schnapps. 




Red is a really hard color to get right. It always turns maroon. If this one works I need to remember which one it is. It's Candy Apple from Nurture Soaps. 







 







4 comments:

  1. The soaps all look wonderful. I can just smell the peppermint. Very nice. The quilt is going to be so pretty too.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peppermint looks so pretty. And I bet your walk was equally lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My MiL made us quilted placemats in several colors but I don't have any fall ones. I guess I'm going to have to make them myself. Yours look lovely and I bet that peppermint soap smells fresh and clean!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that quilt-to-be and all your soaps, too! That really was an early walk, and it looks like you scored.

    ReplyDelete