Monday, November 6, 2023

Fall Back

 

I've been waking up at 4:30 ever since the morning we had to get up that early for The Mister's surgery. An alarm goes off in my head and there is nothing I can do about it. Not even the time change fixed it.  By the clock I was up at 4:30 yesterday even though it would have been 5:30 in daylight savings time so I guess that's some progress. By afternoon I'm dragging but thanks to some early morning football that kept The Mister busy I got into the soap room and made some soap yesterday. Woo hoo....



And it's not any soap. It's Persephone's Kiss. You guys were right about it. It smells AMAZING. This was a test loaf because new fragrances can be a problem. I tried every technique I know with this one loaf and so far it has passed with flying colors. Because of all the weird stuff I did to it, it might look a little odd when I cut it. I also used some new to me colors. If it comes out of the mold okay, I'll make a double batch of it with my usual just throw it in the pot technique so I'll have plenty to go around. Waiting 24 hours to see what happens without peeking is going to be hard. 




5 comments: