Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Tiny Needle Wednesday

 

Surprise, surprise. I have something finished. Button Eyed Cat is officially done. Yesterday was a cold, rainy day so I spent it in front of the TV bingeing Steven King movies and stitching away. 



The witch got her house and the moon got its fill. Today I'll pack it up until next year and get out the Gobble Gob again.





I made donuts last night. Twice. I thought I would be clever and make a raised donut this year and they were awful. I tossed them and made mom's recipe. I won't make that mistake again. 




I can't believe I used to make these for my class every year. I had the hot oil on the counter and a table between the kids and me. The kids loved making their own. I bet you couldn't get away with this now. 




Second time was the charm. They were very good and very brown and crispy because I accidentally mixed sugar in with the rolling flour before I fried them so they had an extra coating of sweetness. 





I completely wrecked the kitchen from floor to ceiling and the only way I survived the clean up was by doing the Time Warp with a little help from my friend Coors. I usually have a Bloody Mary but I forgot to buy the mix this year. 



No trick or treaters here again this year but I hear the Big Grands had a close encounter with one of those big skellys. Yikes. 











 

7 comments:

  1. Button Eyed Cat is fabulous! And those donuts look delish!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the Button-Eyed Cat! You'll definitely finish the witch one next year. It's coming along great. Those donuts! Yummy! I wish I could reach through the screen right now and snatch one. I'm hungry and it's breakfast time.
    I had a great time passing out candy at Mandy & Brad's while she took Piper out trick or treating. I love seeing the costumes.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yummy on the donuts!!!!! nice stitching, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donuts were a rare and special treat when I was young.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very impressive with the donuts! They look delicious. Your Halloween stitching projects are so pretty. Hopefully, they will both be displayed for Halloween 2024.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can smell those donuts from here!!!! My Mom used to make them and the smell filled the house all day.

    In grade six we had a teacher who liked to cook/bake, so he tried to bring it into the class room whenever he could. He had us make cinnamon rolls one, and mine (and my partner/best friends) were hard as a rock because we kneaded the dough by tossing it back and forth to each other across the class room. Another time, we made Chinese food in class - he brought in a couple big woks and hot plates... and you're right - they probably wouldn't allow anything like that now.
    It's a shame - there's a reason he was one of the most liked teachers in the school.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donuts, yum! What are you going to do with that cool kitty finish? The witch is great, too.

    ReplyDelete