Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Hot Enough to Dye



Last week during the Tour, over on team Yarnspinner's Tales, I made a joke about how it was hot enough to dye wool on the deck. The Yarnspinner herself answered back by sharing an amazing tutorial about how to do just that. You can see it here.



Since I had some sticky locks to rewash, I decided to give it a try. I used a glass jar with some Jacquard acid dye in lilac.



I didn't stir the locks in. I just dropped them in and let them do their own thing. I am hoping for something splotchy.



Then I sat them out of reach of nosy critters who might mistake it for something to drink. I am going to leave it in the broiling 100 degree sun on top of the shed for a few days and see what happens. The liquid should be clear when the dye is set. If not, I get to ramp up the heat with a black plastic trash bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment