Sunday, May 8, 2011

2011 MD Sheep and Wool Festival Part 1



The only thing I can think of to write about the festival right now is how bad my feet hurt. I did a lot of walking today.




We got up at 6 am and left the house by 7 in order to get there by 8:30. The vendors open at 9 and I wanted to be first in line at the Bosworth booth. I had my heart set on bringing home a couple of new featherweights. I knit the whole way there to calm myself. I couldn't sleep a wink all night.



While in line, waiting for the Bosworth booth to open, I caught a glimpse of something orange whizz past me. It was THE legendary hot pants fella, StevenA. I stalked him down and kineared a photo. You can read his pre-fest blog post here.



After knocking people over to get my new spindles, I made the HUGE mistake of taking Daughter over to the fleece area. Daughter is a wicked enabler and I ended up bringing home too much of a good thing. 12 pounds of a good thing to be exact. Yes, I said 12-plus 2 and 1/2 more pounds of something else.



The crowd was monstrous this year but the weather was PERFECT.



In spite of the big crowd, I managed to bump into one of my Knit Night buddies who impressed me with her level of preparation. She had a journal with lists of materials she needed to find for future projects. I can't wait until Wednesday to see how much of it she managed to track down.



Here I am with my haul from the early morning raid of the main exhibit hall. Tomorrow-or sometime soon, I'll show you what's in all the bags. Tonight I have to go do something with my feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment