Thursday, March 18, 2010

Boys Will Be Boys



I am already starting to pack up my classsroom and I found this mini quilt tucked away among the many souvenirs of times gone by. I have taught first grade for almost forever but 10 years ago I was moved to 3rd grade for a single school year. At that time we had a school wide challenge to make a classroom quilt. Each day we set aside a few minutes to piece together some blocks that we tufted using embroidery thread. When I say we I really mean myself and the boys in the room. The girls had no interest whatsoever in working on it but I spent many a happy recess stitching away and chatting with the little guys. Those boys would be graduating from high school this year and I wonder if any of them remember how much fun they had with a needle and thread.

No comments:

Post a Comment