Monday, March 8, 2010

Another False Start



I know everyone must be sick of seeing this hat because it seems EVERYONE has made one in the past few weeks, but I just had to give it another try with a heavier yarn. I wanted to use Cascade 220 like everyone else but when I saw the price of a skein I headed right to Micheal's for the cheap stuff. I had at least 4 more false starts due to gauge so the fact that I have got this far is a miracle. Making things worse, I didn't have the right size needles to knit it in the round so I tried the magic loop and now I have fat little ridges on the edges. Grrrrr. I am also hating the feel of this squeaky acrylic. There is no give in it so carrying colors is not a lot of fun. I am still looking for decent affordable yarn for this project but it seems everything everywhere is sold out in navy, red and white. Go figure.

1 comment:

  1. How about you finish one of these false attempts and donate it to your dear daughter who would love one. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete