Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Not a Good Week Here in Knitville



When something seems to good to be true, it usually is.
In addition to the Lillehammer disaster, I have been happily knitting away on a simple top down raglan using some of that pretty Bernat Jacquard that I recently bought a ton of. I thought it would be a great way to crank out some cute little sweaters in less time than the last few took to make. But just look at the front of that sweater. There is no way I could gift something with such terrible pooling. Now I have to actually use my brain to figure out how to minimize those awful color changes when I was just hoping for some mindless knit time. I have 6 giant balls of this stuff for crying out loud. It's got to be good for something.

3 comments:

  1. Poor little baby sweater - would be so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about something asymmetrical like a baby kimono-top of some sort where it wraps across the front? It might minimize the pooling since the length of the front would change over time.

    Although, honestly, I like the contrast between the two sides of the cardi front.

    I'd thing a Baby Surprise Jacket could work, too. It's amazing how so many yarns look great for a BSJ, even though I'm not a huge fan of garter stitch. I probably ought to knit one at some point!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking BSJ too. I feel the same way about garter stitch but the jackets I've seen on Ravelry using this particular yarn don't actually look too bad.

    ReplyDelete