Friday, January 22, 2010

Amazing Cake



I just had to share this picture of a cake I found in a round about way over on Cake Wrecks. I have laughed myself silly on many a night reading about some of the most ghastly messes imaginable. Sunday, however is dedicated to truly glorious creations. I found this yarn basket cake on the Flickr page of someone who made the most beautiful baby shower cake I have ever seen. I have always admired people who have the patience and the will power to do this sort of thing. I tend to eat my ingredients long before I get to the point where they could be assembled into something this nice. Substitute some knitting needles for the crochet hook and this is what I want on my 99th. Lucky Mary.

4 comments:

  1. In the immortal words of Ted, "Whoa."

    I've been wanting to make these but with fondant instead of marzipan (nut allergies around here, so that's right out). But that cake is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I know what to get you for your birthday next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could we just take some balls of yarn and slap a little icing on them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cupcakes are amazing. Too pretty to eat!

    ReplyDelete