Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Wednesday WIPs

 

It would have been a great day to sit by my YouTube fire and knit to an audio book but The Mister had other plans. 



In spite of our world looking like this he was determined to get out of the house for a while. Since I had soap to mail I didn't object too much. 





I'll be getting that soap out in drips and drabs. The weather has put a kink in my plans. He's got therapy tomorrow morning so he'll mail off some more for me then. I can tell you this, we only walked for a bit but it was COLD. Colder than I've ever felt. The breeze coming off the bay was brutal. 




Back at home I got a few rows on everything once my hands thawed out. 




I am happy to say that the new Big Gray Blob is almost at the arm split. That'll make it all go much faster. 




I'm almost at the end of the first row of joining Audun. Soon I'll have to teach myself how to do the next joining row. It hasn't been too bad so far. Someone asked me if the squares were hard and they are not. They were actually fun to make, That's why I have 100 of them. I'm not a fan of crochet but I didn't mind these. Even that treble cluster in round 3, that scared me to death at first, wasn't that bad. Thankfully Arne and Carlos have a video that explained it all very well. By the end of it, I had even learned to read the chart-something I thought I'd never be able to do. 





6 comments:

  1. Auden sure is pretty. I'm trying to get the ice off my car so I can go to the office....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did everything possible to stay inside yesterday but still had to go out and shovel a bit. I'm working hard to stay inside today, too, but I've got stupid errands that I need to do. Stay warm and work on those wips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're in a deep freeze here too - I'm trying to go out as little as possible, but my guy always has different plans too! What's with that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Winter truly moved in on you!!!! The knits look great and the crochet blocks are looking very good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks so cold! Glad you have knits to keep you warm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's cold here, too, but we didn't get as much snow as you did, just enough to make going for a walk a bad idea. Love those socks, and the crochet blocks are nice also.

    ReplyDelete