Friday, January 5, 2024

Friday Fluff and Felines

 

Grrr....this is what happened to that fiber I've been working on when I tried to chain ply it. It was no fun to spin and it was no fun to ply. It was too full of energy despite the fact it's been sitting here for months untouched. 



It was so hard to work with and so full of ugly "pigtails" that I gave up, cut my losses and started over. 





As much as I hated to do it I had to split the bobbin and 2 ply it. I knew it would muddy those colors but I didn't have a choice at this point. 




When I got to the end I had to make a plying ball to use it all up. I always wonder why I don't just do this in the first place with the whole bobbin to get it to come out even. I know some people do. 




Yeah, it's ugly. It's thick and thin and underplied and overplied. This is before washing and thwacking so maybe it will calm down then but those colors are just awful. If I could have chain plied it I think the colors would have been much better. Green, purple and orange do not play nicely together it seems. I am tempted to try and over dye it but I bet I would make it worse.




I also got a preview at how bad the Tour de Fleece will be this year. We all know Pup HATES the wheel but now Mommy cat has decided she LOVES it. I can't spin for a minute in peace between the two of them. Argh....



And......on our walk today we got to see some of the town holiday decor being loaded up for a ride to the warehouse. Mr Bear and Mr Elf were the first to go but the rest will have to wait until the rains we are expecting are over. The rest of the stuff including the big tree can't be packed away wet, they said. Makes sense. 
















8 comments:

  1. I guess that means Christmas is really over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's not a good thing, but I did have to laugh a little about yarn having too much energy. I kind of wish my yarn had energy and transferred it to me while I knit with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Recently saw a dress in similar colors overdyed black and it popped

    ReplyDelete
  4. My color eye isn't nearly as good as yours. I freely admit it and bow to the expert, but I kind of like the color of your skein. I think it would knit into something great for a guy. :-)
    I can just see your house between Pup and Mommy Cat. A cat paw on the peddles and Pup yowling and barking. Ha!
    Blessings my friend,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about the yarn - that has got to be frustrating. Good luck with spinning and the animals!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I kind of like the yarn but I do agree that those colors can be a lot. Oh well. I think it can't hurt to try to overdye it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've been really busy! I just think it's amazing that you actually spin. I gave up on that when I tried it sadly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know the yarn is a disappointment now but it is very pretty now, too. I sure did laugh at the spinning with animals adventures! We have pouring rain now--it will be fun!

    ReplyDelete