Thursday, January 4, 2024

Pizzelles

 

When I was having my cookie disasters right before Christmas I bought one of these. I saw people making pizzelles on some YouTube shorts and thought it could be the answer to my broken oven cookie dilemma. It sat here unused because I was under the weather and couldn't really be bothered. 



Now that I am back on my feet I gave them a try. I discovered they are practically foolproof. 





My favorite thing to do with them is shape them over a custard cup while they are still warm and make ice cream bowls. They are so crunchy and delicious. 




Now I need to get one of those Norwegian krumkake tools so I can make some cones. I don't eat a lot of ice cream but a smidgen in a cone is always a good idea. 





And....look what I did yesterday. I finally got around to sandwiching up Dad's last Dresden. I had to clear the dining room table of all the holiday leftover goodies to make room for it but right now the Juki's sitting where all the cookies used to sit. So today, I'm hoping, I will get the time to actually start quilting it. We've got the gutter people coming for the first time so that should keep The Mister busy long enough to at least get one block done. 









6 comments:

  1. Your pizzelles look great!. I'm wishing you a day with time for quilting, followed by ice cream and pizzelles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of ice cream cones!!!! The cookies turned out beautifully! Hooray for some time to work on the Dresden Plate quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pizzelle cups are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh I love Pizzelles! I may need (ha!) one of those pizzelle things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have seen those cookies and wondered how they were made. Kind of like a waffle maker? Ice cream in one sounds wonderful.
    The quilt is so pretty. I've always loved that pattern.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete