Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Tiny Needle Tuesday

 

As usual, I don't have too much to show for this week, stitch wise. I did finish that hanging heart thingy on the Christmas Quaker. It took me two tries. I really struggle with symmetrical motifs because when I get around to the other side they never match up. Rip, rip, rip. I should probably thread two needles and work on each side at the same time from now on.



My other tiny needle was busy in the dining area machine quilting Dad's Dresden. I moved my big Juki out there when I finished making the sandwich. 



Hold onto your hats but I am going to say something positive about my machine quilting. I actually like how this is turning out. I am stitching around each petal and then doing some circle things in the middle. There's plain old meandering on the background. It takes forever but I think it looks good which is something I never say about my machine quilting because in all honesty, I stink at it. I just don't have the patience for it. It's very fiddly. 




I got a whole fifteen minutes yesterday in the sewing room to finish one more block on this old chestnut before The Mister had a catastrophe that I had to deal with. He was playing with Pup and somehow managed to break the reading glasses I had left in the living room. It's a running joke here that I can't get a minutes peace to get anything done but to tell you the truth that joke is getting old. I was really irked.





Before I could do any of that I first had to clear up the Barbie clutter I had all over my sewing tables. I was very happy to discover they fit perfectly in my wall cubbies. There was nothing in them of importance so I re-organized and gave my ladies a new home. I even have room for a couple more-which I hate to say, are on their way.




And......yes, that's my mostly wrapped soap up there on the curing racks above the Barbies. Use up your slivers because all the testing and wrapping is going much faster than I anticipated. I've only got four more loaves to test-and then I'll be looking for a new home for them. 

 





9 comments:

  1. Christmas Quaker is so pretty! BUT, your work on the Dresden is gorgeous! That will be a beautiful quilt when finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your Dresden plate quilt is beautiful - the fabrics you chose for the blocks and your machine quilting. I've only ever quilted some placemats so I am quite impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The black and red of your Christmas Quaker are stunning. That is going to be a gorgeous piece framed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty quilt. Loving it so much. I don't know why, but it reminds me of my Grandma. I spied that soap right away. Lots up there. I can only imagine how the room smells.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sympathize over the interruptions! The quilting looks great!!! It has to feel good bringing this to life! The Barbies look fine in their cubby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Christmas Quaker project - so elegant in those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sure love that Dresden quilt! Love your stitching, too. Your soaps are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything is so absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete