Monday, February 29, 2016

Silver Linings

 I jumped out of bed at 6:30 am on Friday to clear a path through the house for the cable guy. I moved mountains of material. I piled stuff all over the house. I dusted miles of wires that live behind the TV. I was a cleaning machine. Then......he didn't show. Nope. Somehow The Mister didn't finish the confirmation part of his phone call to Comcast so nothing actually got scheduled from their end. Darn.



 The good news is that all that open space cleared out a path to the loom and since the warp was finished, I could get started on my Easter towels. Even more good news, I did NOT run out of pink. Whew.



After all my cleaning I had just enough energy left to rough sley the thing on the raddle. I know I've said it before but I am going to say it again. I love using the counting threads. It took a very tedious task and trimmed it down to minutes. Minutes.



The cable guy came out on Sunday to fix whatever was going on with the On Demand thing after The Mister spent another hour or so dealing with them trying to fix the signals over the phone. I hate the whole cable thing but we have to have it here in the middle of nowhere. Honestly, I watch more Netflix than anything anymore.
Any cable/dish horror stories to share?

8 comments:

  1. First, I'm glad you were able to sley the loom-the pink going the whole way is a bonus!
    We have a good Dish guy here-we have needed him twice in 9 years. I prefer internet news and Netflix--my hubby likes the sports on Dish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all those bright spring colors but don't get me started on the cable guy! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. NOpe, but I've got one better. Yesterday i threw a pile out and the new thin Macbook AIR was in the pile. WE discovered it in the trash outside several hours later. I am my own worst enemy. Thank GOD it was nestled between two soft photo albums that I had dismantled. It was fine. My pride was not!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so jealous of your cleanliness! All I managed to do was get 7 bags of clothes/shoes etc out of the house and donated to charity.

    As for funny stories - back when we had a landline, it needed service. The phone company had outsourced it's customer service to India, and for it's local tech, they only offered "windows" for appointment. I spent half an hour explaining to the poor woman in India, that she could schedule the guy to come between noon and 7 pm (that's a pretty big window if you ask me), but if he came before 5, there would be no one home. I finally had to keep escalating to other managers before I actually got someone in Canada. She booked me in the 7 pm to 9 pm window (an option the first woman never even mentioned)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, I want candy looking at those colors or maybe some strawberry lemonade?

    I'm not going to lie our last 3 experiences with the Cable Company was actually pretty good. There I've probably spoiled the stretch of good luck then again, we are paying a SUPER HIGH Price and we don't even have all the prime channels (HBO yes) AND I got rid of my sports package!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty colors on your new weaving project.

    I could write a BOOK about how horrible Bright House is. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see your finished towels. The colors are great!

    ReplyDelete