Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Another One Bites the Dust

 Done. Done. Done. My wonky handspun Crepidula aka the Yeti vest is finished at looooong last.



 Spin as you go projects always seem like a good idea in the beginning but then they drag on and on and on.


 This one went out with a bang because I had to redo the last few inches over and over when the garter stitch edging I wanted kept rolling and generally looked terrible. I ended up using the pattern's knotted bind off which is what I should have used in the first place.



 It's a slouchy shawl like garment with arms. It fits Dumpy Debbie perfectly.


 It's a bit long but I got carried away with the colorwork trying to match the yoke color for color. I knew it was becoming a bit much but once I got started I couldn't stop. It will keep my bottom warm so no complaints.



 Now that this is done I can feel better about starting the Lopi vest but I think I have a few more things I want to get finished before I do. That fire has gone out.
What are you looking forward to finishing in the near future?

11 comments:

  1. I really like the colors in your vest! It turned out nice. I'm in more of a starting mode here lately. Have several irons in the fire but nothing even close to finishing yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it is beautiful, I love the colours. Spin as you go ? Never knew that was even possible!
    Thankyou SO much for sponsoring me, that's amazingly generous if you :)
    Jillxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful vest!
    I would love to finish my Viticetum Coat from KnitPicks. I've been knitting it on and off for almost a year and a half. Getting a bit tired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that coat! It will be worth the trouble once it's done!

      Delete
  4. I have several shawls that seem to never hit the finish line!
    This vest is beautiful! Wear it and love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you actually use size US 10 needles on approx fingering weight yarn? That's what the pattern calls for, but I'm not sure I'd want the vest to be that lacy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used size 5 for the fingering weight version and size 6 for this worsted weight one.

      Delete
  6. Deb

    That's an amazing finish. It has been fun to watch you work it up. My goodness I LOVE the finish.
    Im happy to be knitting socks socks socks. Hope to finish yet another pair after my nap. Shelter work today started at 0600 and I'm pooped from poopy puppies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that is gorgeous, it looks really, really good! I like a longer length personally. I'm sorry it dragged on for you, but it is such a unique piece.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I looks great! I really want to cast on a new cardigan!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I love this vest and knowing it's knit from your handspun makes it so special.

    ReplyDelete