Monday, February 1, 2016

Button, Button

 Sewing buttons on sweaters is not my idea of a good time.



It's not the actual sewing part. That's easy. It's the spacing thing and the fact that the button bands always pucker no matter how hard you try to make them perfect. I could line them with ribbon as some do but that just seems crazy.



 Son's fingering weight cardi is finally done and I can honestly say it's nothing to brag about. I do love the feel of the fabric but the whole thing just looks kind of meh. I've already started try #2. This time I am using the pattern for the KAL that follows along with Amy Herzog's Craftsy class. It's a more structured design and it's in worsted weight. This may be yet another disaster in the making but I'm not ready to admit defeat just yet.



I've also cast on some matching gray socks with the leftover yarn. This I know how to do.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting the cardi finished. Maybe not your favorite, but certainly a good accomplishment. I'm sure it will be a nice, warm sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a fan of button placement either but I'm totally in awe that you've started right up on another sweater. Takes me a bit longer to regroup. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe it's the color you don't get excited about? I'm sure the cardigan will be much loved by son!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh it is so hard for me to do buttons too! i have a couple of very sweet buttons that Al gifted me years ago. Some are loons and some are hearts. sorry the sweater isnt wow ing you!!! That's a lot of work

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh your button write up sums up my feelings exactly. As for sweaters, you never really know. Let the intended victim try it on. I love that you're such a go getter onto #2 already.

    ReplyDelete