Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Getting Serious

 This is one of the two vests I am working on at the moment. Up until now I've been taking my sweet time enjoying the colorwork.



 Soon though I am going to have to do some serious shaping.



The problem is that I don't know how. I know how to use steeks to open the front but figuring out how to make the v-neck and the arm openings is another thing.




Craftsy came to the rescue once again. I bought this class during a half price sale and I've already gotten more than my money's worth. It's got everything I need to know AND a pattern that I can knit along with when Tracery is finished. I love Craftsy.
Where do you go when you need help with a project?

11 comments:

  1. I go to google. But I haven't tried anything as intense as you're doing. I have deep admiration for all your talents! Seriously....I do. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracery is going to be AH-MAZING!!!!
    When I'm stuck... I go to Mom... she is a complete knit wizard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So far, I haven't knit out of my comfort zone. I guess if I did, I'd try YouTube or one of my friends. I have several friends that are very experienced knitters. (Thank goodness for FRIENDS!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You vest is gorgeous! I can almost always find answers on Ravelry, Google or YouTube. I learn a lot from blog friends too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I usually go to YouTube for a good visual.
    Beautiful knitting...I love this project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm excited for you. Your mad knitting skills are getting madder! I know you'll do great. Tracery is so pretty, that colorwork/combination is just fantastic.

    I mainly google -- sometimes I recruit a friend, but I don't do things quite as challenging as you, so there is that ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh I may have to take a Craftsy class. Im thrilled to know you get your moneys worth!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can also tell you that on Feb 9th of last year you were working on the same thing. It was way new. For some reason when I bookmarked your blog it choose this date to come up. I refresh the page to get your current posts. SO I see that miracle of yarn you are knitting ALL THE TIME

    ReplyDelete
  9. On Feb 9th, 2016 you posted the vest. I thought it was just magnificent and I still do. I know this because, when I go to your bookmark it always comes up. It looks like church windows to me. I know you will pull it off! I am so very glad you pup is fine!!! I get really anxious when our fur babies get sick. Phew.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I marvel, ,I really do at your knitting and crochet! WOw. Althea is so so stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had to change the site. I , am at;
    https://knittinggenes.blogspot.com and I '11 stay there!

    ReplyDelete