Friday, February 5, 2016

Little Surprises

 Son and Daughter in Law had one last surprise for me concerning our recent big Disney adventure.



 There was something hidden in their luggage that they were waiting to give me.



 It seems someone was paying attention when I went insane over the Dale of Norway knits at Epcot and someone snuck back that day to buy me a present.



I've been a huge fan of their official Olympic designs for as long as I can remember. I want to knit them all.



I've especially wanted to knit this particular pattern. It's the 1972 Sapporo cardigan and someone just finished the very first one on Ravelry a few weeks ago. It's gorgeous which is making me twitch from a bad case of startitis.



These knitted headbands are so nice. They are even lined.



 It fits perfectly. I love it!



I also have to say thanks to #2 Son who gave the the Vermont Country Store gift certificate for Christmas. I not only got a month's supply of tasty crumpets with it, I also got not one but two bottles of my favorite vintage perfume. Does anyone but me remember this from waaay back when you did all your shopping at the dime store? It was backordered and just showed up in the mail. I had almost forgotten about it so it was another nice surprise in a week of surprises.
Thanks guys!







6 comments:

  1. Isn't it wonderful when our kids pick out just the PERFECT gift!? Enjoy!

    It looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The headband is just beautiful! It's nice to be reminded of how much you are loved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad they surprised you.....that cannot be easy to do. Did you squeal?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet and thoughtful gift. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete