Thursday, February 25, 2016

In a Pinch

 Elns gifted me these point protectors and I love them. I love them so much I wanted more but when I went to Webs to order them they were out of stock.



 I really needed a pair, like now. I was knitting two gray socks at a time and I was sick of pulling one pair out of the bag they share and spending my precious knitting time putting the stitches back on the needles.  I went rummaging around in the sewing room and came up with an idea using felt and elastic.



Ta dah. As soon as I can wade into the sewing room far enough to reach a machine again I'll be knocking off a few more of these. I had to sew them by hand and they are pretty wonky but I'm not complaining because they work just fine.
What knitting accessory can YOU not live without?





10 comments:

  1. Oh those are dandy! I cannot live without stitch markers that are like clips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your needle protectors are much cuter!!! Love that houndstooth check.

    I can't live without my protectors either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a pair of those plastic protectors - they are very handy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so clever!
    I hope you are enjoying The Snow Child. I loved that book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad those are useful! I'm so glad they inspired you to create some cool ones of your own, because YES why are we always wasting valuable knitting time in recovery mode? I like my little thread cutter. It makes me happy, small and portable and allows me to easily trim excess yarn on the go in public. Really I am at the point where I carry a soft pencil case of notions with me everywhere so I don't feel stranded out there, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great! A real example of 'necessity is the mother of invention'! I can't think of a single thing I couldn't live without after circular needles and some yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant!! I'm lost without my ball winder. Just ordered the knit picks on cuz my old one broke it's little arm.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love my "sheep" point protectors and my collapsible scissors that I can take on the airplane. The scissors are the best part of the knitting kit that I got several years ago.

    ReplyDelete