Saturday, February 27, 2016

A Fine Mess

 I wasn't kidding yesterday when I said the place was a mess.



 Between the production construction and all my other millions of hobbies I've reached the point of no return-space wise. This is only one room. I have three in this condition plus the combined living room and dining room that looks like a storage bin for a Mardi Gras parade at the moment. The Mister is not amused.



 My sewing table is a goner. I couldn't figure out where I put anything if I tried. It's easier just to go out and buy what I need and that's what I've been doing. That's bad.



 Every corner is filled with piles of randomness. I can't even get through the room to switch on the light anymore.




Shame on me. What really keeps me from diving in and sorting it all out is that I have no idea where to put it all. My shelves are full.
How do you organize your crafty things?



7 comments:

  1. Sometimes it is easier to dump EVERYTHING into one big box and sort it out from there. That way all the surfaces are clear and bit by bit you can put things where they REALLY belong without worrying that something else is sitting there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! I've got plenty of boxes. They are part of the problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Storage bins? I don't save beyond my present space-I am a big tosser outer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. To say that the "Mister is not pleased" is an understatment around here. I almost bought an old RV today to use as a "studio." I didn't because I really need to research the building codes and we'd have to install another driveway. I don't know what the solution is, but I'll be watching to see what every one else suggests.

    ReplyDelete
  5. well Fireman and Al are great at declutter and organization. Fireman doesn't stand for a mess ...anywhere. Firehouse living does that. Everything is orderly. So I have to keep it all in check. You keep your creative mind and if things are cluttered well that's just how it is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are a couple of groups on Rav that have some ideas: My Craft Room Ana A Place of My Own.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am not very good at organizing. My craft space is a mess! I'm hoping that you and I both get some good suggestions here!

    ReplyDelete