Monday, February 8, 2016

KAL Krazy

 On the same day that I found this orphan Lite Lopi in my stash Mason Dixon Knitting hosted a KAL for a sweater using the very same yarn. It felt like a sign.



It's for the Stopover sweater by Mary Jane Mucklestone and I really, really wanted to join but I have too much going on to commit.



 I didn't have enough Lopi in my stash for a whole sweater anyway and trying to buy more was not easy since Reynolds doesn't make it anymore. You can tell how old mine is by looking at how much I paid for it.



This is what you pay for it now and they call it Lettlopi.



In a moment of insanity, I went ahead and bought what I thought might be a match in a quantity enough for a vest.



This one to be exact but I can't start it until I finish at least one of the vests I am already working on-or can I?












8 comments:

  1. I think you and I have the same disease.. I just cast on for a project I really shouldn't have...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you need several balls and not in a hurry, you may try to order from here - http://shopicelandic.com/collections/lett-lopi. I am still considering mittens :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooh...the color selection is divine. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. I say go for it. One can never have enough knitting projects going on at any given time!!! That's my philosophy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I give you permission! Join and knit with abandon! I love working with that yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh sure you can! What a gorgeous traditional lopi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Devil's advocate here ---- SURE YOU CAN!!!! It looks like a fun knit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oo that's pretty pretty. You know I'm only ever going to enable and endorse your projects, lady!

    ReplyDelete