Thursday, October 25, 2012

Sampling

A small handful of that Corrie/Cormo/BL X fleece that I bought at the Shenandoah Valley Fiber Fest in September has been washed and spun for a sample. I wound the singles off with my ball winder and then plied it from the inside and out.

I would never do this with a substantial amount of precious singles but for this little bit it worked fine right up to the loopy end.

 It turned out to be a very pretty 2 ply with a lot of fuzz to it. It is so pretty that I really want it to be a sweater but it is on the scratchy side as I feared. The Cormo baby mama or baby daddy must have had some pretty recessive genes. Too bad.

Now I'll have to decide what it will become.


 I do know for sure that it won't end up as socks, rugs or mittens.

I also know for sure I will be heading for the Merino fleeces come next May at the MDSW. I have yet to make a really large wearable garment out of anything I have ever washed and spun. 2013 will be the year.

2 comments:

  1. It's beautiful. Will you leave it natural colour? It would make a beautiful Ink cardigan. I think that will be the next cardi I'll be knitting for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why - but I just love a nice natural white yarn!

    ReplyDelete