Wednesday, October 31, 2012

My Pre-Sandy Halloween Post

Even though it looks like this inside the house...

...it still looks like this outside. Fall is slow to arrive around here. This is the view up my long driveway. You can see why we don't get many trick or treaters. Only the bravest will venture down this spooky path in the pitch dark.


Those few who do make it down are amply rewarded. We give out tons of candy just to be rid of it.


Tonight I will be carving jack o'lanterns and making myself sick on the roasted seeds. I also intend to knock back a Bloody Mary or two while waiting patiently for any costumed visitors that dare to come my way. Have a happy Halloween. I certainly intend to!

*We made it through the storm without any major damage other than the loss of electricity for a day. I will have a post about our rather dull adventure tomorrow. I hope everyone was as lucky as we were and are safe, warm and dry. Thanks for all your kind comments!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear that!!! It was quite the storm....we are experiencing very high winds here today from it and we are a very long way away from the east coast. I can only imagine what it must have been like for those in it's direct path.

    ReplyDelete