Saturday, October 27, 2012

Fractal Smactal Part Three

The big experiment is over and I can now say it wasn't as big of a fail as I thought.

I am disappointed with the amount of gold that ended up in the final skein as I have never been a fan but I can live with it because damn, this stuff is fine.

I suppose the reason I am so head over heels with this 85/15 BFL/Silk from Misty Mountain Farm in the English Garden colorway is because I rarely work with such luxurious stuff. The difference between the fiber from my own washed fleeces and this professionally processed wool is vast. I am not complaining about my rustic fuzz, it has its place but damn, I can't say it enough, this stuff is fine.

It is tonic for the soul. The Ladybug is now completely dedicated to fine fiber.

1 comment:

  1. wow! The colours are so nice. I can almost feel how soft it is thru my screen. Great job spinning it too!

    ReplyDelete