Thursday, October 18, 2012

Leaving...

All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go. I'm standing here outside your door. I hate to wake you up to say goodbye. This song has been playing in my head for days now. No jet planes-but I am hitting the road tomorrow morning to the Mecca of all that is warm and wooly-Rhinebeck.

The hat and scarf are already in the bag with the tickets. My sweater is blocking hanging on the railing to dry after I finished weaving in tying knots and snipping off all the blessed ends. I couldn't believe how many there were for a non-colorwork project.

The Lopi is also blocking hanging on the railing as The Mister may end up wearing the Aran  if the day proves to be as predicted, a wet and blustery one. Rain, shine, whatever. I am just excited about getting away for a few days. I don't even have a list of things to buy. This time around it will be all about being a tourist. Upstate New York, here I come!



6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I was thinking that myself when I saw this photo and wondering why I haven't made another one like this but NOT in Lopi so it can be worn when it is above -20 degrees. I love the pattern but the wool is heavy and itchy. Perfect for snow but not for much else.

      Delete
  2. You wrote an AMAZING comment on my blog post on Halloween. Thank you so much. I will open a window now on Halloween in honor of what you taught me today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for saying so. I really enjoyed the post and all the wonderful comments.

    ReplyDelete