Saturday, July 25, 2026

On the Town

 

We were gifted two decent summer days so we took advantage of the second one and went down to the boardwalk. The Mister used up the first one by going sailing with a friend while I enjoyed a day in bed with my library book and a couple of guilty pleasures I'm streaming. My back thanked me for it.  Out in the water we could see that the ospreys are still nest sitting. It won't be long before they're gone.



A mama duck was keeping close eyes on her babies on the shore while paying no mind at all to all the people on the beach.




The gulls were all lined up and making a big racket. They must have a lot to talk about.




Across the street the koi pond was in full bloom. I don't think I've ever seen the crepe myrtles look so beautiful. I would love to line my driveway with them but I'm pretty sure the Amazon folks would run them over. 



The pond itself was almost completely covered over with water lilies. I wonder how the fish feel about that. 



Not to be outdone, my own Black-Eyed Susans have gone insane. That little bit of rogue greenery exploded into color. It's the first time anything flowering has managed to upstage the giant hostas so I'm very impressed. I hope they do it again next year.





No comments:

Post a Comment