I made it to Paris with the riders yesterday but I don't have much to show for it this year.
My little pile consists of 4 finished skeins of the pastel Polworth.
I still have half the blue and the purple to go.
I finished four drop spindles of the BFL from Fiber Optics. I'll put them all on a bobbin and then finish spinning it on the wheel. I did not enjoy working with this fiber. It was very compact and hard to draft.
I'm ready for a big wind off on the support spindle. I've been working on a big bag of Puckerbrush Farm's Merino pencil roving for years. I don't think I'll ever see the end of it but it's such a lovely fiber to work with that I'm not complaining.
Sadly, I never found the missing piece to my Spindolyn so for now my cotton spinning adventure is at an end. I'll keep looking on eBay to see if anyone ever sells one. The vendor who sold them originally doesn't appear to be in business anymore.
It certainly wasn't a big podium finish for me this year but I'm not done. The TdF Femmes starts on Saturday and the Vuelta de Espana starts on the 22nd of next month so there's still a lot of opportunities to spend some extra time in my little spinning corner.
No comments:
Post a Comment