skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Baking Day
The weather was so cool and crisp yesterday morning that I put Pup in her stroller and went off to the Farmer's Market with The Mister. Oddly, there was no line at the coffee truck so he stopped for one while I admired the scone selection.
This little coffee truck will soon have a permanent location just a few blocks from our house. They've been painting murals on the walls of an old storefront for a few weeks now.
I didn't buy any scones but I was inspired to come home and bake. Betty has been very productive again this week so she became a tray of chocolate chip and oatmeal raisin cookies.
They are not the prettiest cookies but they are crispy on the outside and fluffy in the middle. After a bit of fermenting in the fridge, they puff up like little sourdough boules when they hit the oven. I don't need to have a tin of cookies tempting me in my current inactive state so the good news is Betty doesn't make a lot on any given day and...I can always count on The Mister to eat most of them.
No comments:
Post a Comment