Sunday, April 1, 2012

Sunday Soup


White rice, russet potatoes, carrots, cabbage and a handful of fresh kale from the garden.

For the month of April I am making a promise to myself to make soup every Sunday. I always used to when I had a houseful of hungry kids to feed. My eating habits have been horrible lately so in an effort to force some improvement, I intend to fill my pie hole with yummy veggies-at least on Sunday.



First up is my version of Armenian Cabbage Soup. I saw someone tweet about it and was curious so I gave it a try using what I had on hand. I took all those ingredients in the top photo, added some onion, tomato paste and bay leaves and simmered it for about 30 minutes. The quantities were just what seemed to look good in the pot. I didn't measure anything. I used only about a half of a can of tomato paste and about a half of a cup of rice. It was Yum. Mo. I ate three (four) bowls while I was trying to get a photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment