Thursday, June 23, 2011

In Bloom



Since I have been spending lots of time over at Dad's lately, I have had the chance to really wander around the yard. My mother had a way with growing things and you can still see her work even though it has been 9 years since she left us after a frighteningly short battle with leukemia. These tiny hostas are in a pot by her back door and they come up every year in spite of no one paying any attention to them at all anymore.



Her daylilies are exploding all over the place. The back wall looks like it is on fire.



Her hydrangea is still as blue as can be. My father has waged a war on it and hacks at it all year long but it still rewards us with tons of flowers. It's good to know that some things go on without us. My mother's garden is a lovely reminder of how wonderful she was.

No comments:

Post a Comment