Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Fresh Figs Two

It's easy to see what I've been up to.

My Crepidula needed more yarn dyed to match the Fresh Figs colorway I mixed up a few weeks ago so I had to make another mess in the kitchen. Luckily, I still had some of the dye left.

What I didn't count on was the dye intensifying. I suppose some of the water evaporated leaving behind a stronger concentration.

The reds and golds got much brighter than in the original.

I also did not have quite enough to saturate all of the fiber so some white is peeking through. It is not going to be a perfect match to the top half of the vest but I still hope it will work-somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment