Sunday, September 26, 2010

Phentex Fail

I made a slipper that looks like the classic Phentex version on the outside but the inside is a holy mess. I tried to knit it in the round and steek it. Steeking is separating a seam in knitted material by cutting it. I cut out the area where the foot slides in.

Even though I gave it a trial run, it was not doable in the actual slipper because the slippery stuff defied staying where I wanted it to stay.

After crocheting the edging, the seams were so bulky they would not fold over and stay stitched down. Needless to say this thing is not getting a mate. I'm not even going to say that this was a waste of good yarn because the new Phentex slipper yarn is horrible-nothing at all like the lovely vintage stuff. In Ravelry speak: It's an Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment