Thursday, September 23, 2010

Crazy for Cormo



I never got the knack of taking pictures of myself. Daughter makes it look so easy over on her blog.



What I was trying to capture was the Crazy Cormo Hat and Mitt set that is the first project I have finished from the giant 9 pound bag of raw fleece that I bought from the MD Sheep and Wool Fest this year. This is the first washing that I ruined and turned into some wonky batts and then spun willy-nilly, just for fun. I wanted to show myself wearing it, on an 80 degree day, because this stuff is so soft and wonderful I did not want to take it off. I love wool but NOT next to my skin and NEVER on a hot day. Cormo is not like any wool I have ever felt. I could knit underwear out of it. And wear it.

1 comment:

  1. I have never spun Cormo...perhaps I'll try some from MD S&W this year...but hopefully not 9 pounds. I seem to struggle with completing 4oz batts! ;-) I love these photos, especially the top one - the motion, the colour, it's all great!

    ReplyDelete