Monday, April 15, 2024

Using Your Noodle

 

I was so fired up after finishing Dad's last quilt that I was determined to finish one of my own. Charming Stars was ready to be sandwiched so I thought I would try a new way of basting using pool noodles. I had bought the noodles and connectors ages ago for just this purpose but I had forgotten all about them. 



It all went very well. The noodles worked perfectly. This is the way go to go but only if you have a LOT of backing material to work with on all sides. I didn't and THREE times I rolled it all out and pinned it only to find I had run out of backing again and again. Grrrrrr......I was NOT happy. 




Soooo......I had no choice but to add more material to the backing by piecing it. 






I was lucky to have a lot of the material and several packs of the charm squares leftover from this fabric collection but I was annoyed at having to pretty much make another quilt to back a quilt I had just made. I worked from 9 am to 4 pm on Saturday and still didn't get it finished. 




The only good thing that happened that day was that my latest Barbie acquisition showed up. Fedex came down the driveway in the midst of my fit of temper over the quilting debacle saving me from completely blowing my top. Meet 60th Anniversary Reproduction Skipper. Mattel debuted her last week and I wan't going to buy her seeing that she was very $$$ but.......





....The Mister and I had words when I got back from my girl's trip to W VA when I said I wanted to buy one of these and maybe see a bit more of the world and he said no. A stick of dynamite couldn't pry him from his recliner anymore. He turned 70 on Sunday and you would think he was 90. I was so peeved by his disinterest and realizing I have nothing but a life of listening to Law and Order re-runs wafting up from the downstairs all day in my future, I decided that I might as well have another Barbie. 





I also need to thank Lucy in Kentucky for sending me this year's 150th anniversary Kentucky Derby pins. She's my bloggy Barbie friend so she understands. Sigh.....












8 comments:

  1. Oh my! Skipper brings back so many memories. I first got a Barbie but then my mother bought me Skipper!! I was one happy girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's a tiny camper compared to ours...and our camper is a small one. Unfortunately, our camping days are done...neither of us are able to deal with all that is required.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is looking good and I think it's kind of magical that FedEx would show up in the middle of your aggravation and divert your attention with Skipper! Now you should consider seeing a bit of the world with Skipper along as a companion. (It sounds better than Law & Order reruns.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Skipper sure brings back memories. I had one but I'm not sure what happened to it. I do still have Dawn.
    Cute little camper. You know, lots of women go on their own. There are even clubs for ladies only campers. The Mister could stay home with his reruns and you could go explore with the girls! Lots of them just fix up a minivan or back of a pickup. Just an idea.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those teardrop campers are so cute! I hate camping but I like cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had that exact Skipper! Somehow, though, that outfit ended up on my Midge.

    Funny how finishing one thing really amps up the energy to start something else.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Buy the teardrop camper while you can! It sure beats endless Law and Order reruns! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  8. It takes my guy a ton to take off for a trip, too. I sort of get it but.....
    The top is going to be quilted soon--hang in there! The new Skipper is adorable!

    ReplyDelete