Monday, April 8, 2024

Happy Eclipse Day!

 

Did you know that these solar glasses expire? I didn't until I was watching the Weather Channel yesterday morning. It's a good thing I bought some new ones from a NASA approved vendor last week. I was going to just re-use the ones we had from 2017.



I always get some serious Independence Day vibes when this outer space stuff happens. We're only getting an 80% coverage here but it's still pretty exciting. It'd be so much cooler though if a giant space ship was hiding behind the sun and made it's appearance just when we are all looking up, right? I guess a few minutes of shade isn't as much fun but it's a whole lot safer. We all know what happened to these folks. 





5 comments:

  1. I'm hoping to get some shade today instead of the cloud coverage that 'ruined' the 2017 one for us! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're supposed to have 80% coverage here today too. We have bright sunshine instead of the clouds that were predicted. I don't have glasses though so I won't be looking at it. I remember the one in 2017. I was at the lake and it got dark and quiet. I did have glasses then but the weirdest thing to me was the absolute silence. No birdsong or geese honking, etc.
    I hope you get a great view.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're only supposed to be at 90% but I hope we stay cloud-free and I'll see what I see this afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We (my dog and I) were out to catch what little of the eclipse to be seen here. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete