Friday, April 5, 2024

Friday Fluff

 

Woo hoo! Look what greeted us yesterday morning after a week of rain. It was a brief respite from the storms but it did feel good to get out again. 


After three days of being stuck inside I was bored to death with every one of my projects so it was a good thing that I had bought some more one ounce Merino pieces of roving in lots of different colors. 



I was having way too much fun making my little roving rolls.





They kept getting wilder and wilder. I wanted to use all the colors. 




That's all well and good until you have to spin it. Oh, my.....that's a mess. I'm going to spin up what I've made so far and then make a promise to myself to show some restraint with those colors from now on. That's some of the clown barfiest clown barf I've ever seen.




And.....a big thanks to everyone who responded to my inquiry about your sewing machines. You made me feel better about my rickety old pair. All this time I thought you were all humming away with the fancy ones that honestly, scare me to death. I'm doing just fine right now with Dad's little clunker so I guess I'll stick that money in savings until something else comes along I can't live without. It's just a matter of time. 






9 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful view over the bay.

    I'm another one with and old Kemore sewing machine. I'm guessing mine is close to 50 yrs. old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see lots and lots of rainbows!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought a new one a few years ago because my 35 year old singer died. I got an Elna which is now made by Janome. It’s lovely. Sews well. Has lots of decorative bits. But mostly I sew quilts for charity. No special stitches etc. I find the Elna big and don’t want to move it. Etc. so on Fajjiji I bought an ancient singer portable with wood vase for $50. Spent $100 getting cleaned and serviced. It works a charm. Later I found a nice featherweight singer that is super portable and I take it when I go to classes etc. so these two sew so well I think in hindsight I would have gone with them. Sew straight and lovely. Can buy walking foot and quarter feet to fit. What more could I need? Oh and heavy enough to hem 3-6 layers of denim Jean hems. Just my opinion.
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those colors are fantastic! So much fun. We have sunshine today too and rain predicted for tomorrow night with possible severe storms. Spring in the midwest.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm envious of those blue skies! It's not actually raining here this morning but the skies are still gray. I can see how clown barf could happen when it's been gray for days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE that clown barf yarn! Not sure what you'd be able to do with it but it is just so cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I had somehow gotten my grandmother's pedal machine. It always fascinates me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that yarn is going to knit up amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun riot of color--not barf at all! lol

    ReplyDelete