Saturday, April 6, 2024

Show and Tell

 

With all the rain we had last week The Mister has been finishing up his projects left and right. First, it was his latest paint by number. He did this one at my request. I love the stained glass effect. It's going in my craft room. 




He also made very short work of his latest Diamond Dotz project. I asked him to do this one for me too. Like my mother, I have a thing for lighthouses. 




In spite of plenty of time to myself this week I have no finishes. I'm close on the Dresden. Today I hope to get the binding on. It took me a devil of a time to find something I liked for it. I had to dive into the stash many times before I settled on this light brown.





I'm also pretty sure I will have this top finished by the end of the weekend. I've got two pieced borders on already and two to go. I should be quilting this one soon but....





...it's in line behind the Hexie Runner that's been sitting here ready to go since October. For the life of me I can't decide how to quilt this thing. There's no way I can stitch in all those little ditches. This thing is huge. Meandering all over it doesn't seem right either. I guess I'll have to do some more homework on this one. It's a real head scratcher. 










5 comments:

  1. Paint-by-numbers sure are fancier than I remember from back in the day. The Mister did a wonderful job on the stained glass painting.

    That brown is going to make a lovely border.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the DH's projects! The quilting patterns can be a real stumper for me, too. The light brown is the perfect binding choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the mushroom paint by number!

    You're making great progress on your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all your quilts but especially the hexi one. I had a vision of making the knitted hexagon quilt but I knit about ten little things and then quit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job to The Mister. I'm glad he's taken to the dots paintings.
    Although I like all of your quilts, especially the February one, I love the Dresden. I've always really liked those quilts. Wish I had the patience to make one for myself, but it's a thing I've had to accept. Especially since my back doesn't like sitting at the sewing machine. Yours is absolutely beautiful and I really like the brown for the binding.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete