Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Tiny Needle Tuesday

 

I would have had this whole corner section finished if I hadn't had to spend Sunday morning picking it all out. I was off by 1 stitch so the top pointy thing didn't match up. Nothing humbles me more than stitching. 



Exhibit B: After suffering through all that green fill I had a devil of a time getting the stems on those flowers in it right. They are top stitched and my first try disappeared into the background. My second try looked awful. My stitches were too short and choppy. The third time is not the charm but for now, it'll do. 




And....we had a good old time down at the beach with a couple of hundred other folks watching the eclipse. The line for glasses was long so I was glad I had bought my own. The Mister did manage to get a pair for a souvenir once the line died down.




It was a big crowd. The entire half mile boardwalk was pretty much packed. 




We watched from the pier. All the benches were taken but that was fine with me. Pup and I were nice and cozy in our little nook.





Everyone was complaining about the change in temperature. Everyone who had been out sunning themselves on the beach were now wrapped up and on their feet. 





We lucked out with the clouds. There were few to interfere with our view up until the peak. Then the clouds started rolling in but we saw what we came for. No complaints.





We love to see the patterns it makes in the shadows so at peak we walked around until we found some foliage. See the little crescents?





How about now? How cool is that? This may be the last really good one for us. The 2025 and 2026 partials look pretty meh. The 2079 one looks promising but I'd be 125. Not likely. 
















7 comments:

  1. Yep. Stitching is a great way to get humble for sure. One stitch off is a killer.
    We had 83% totality and the birds quieted and it got eerily silent except for the neighbor ladies two grandkids who were there for only the 2nd or 3rd time. They screamed and fought the entire time. 5-7 years old or so. They were only a few feet from us and every time we moved, they did too. I love kids but this was a bit frustrating. It wasn't normal playful yelling, it was screeeeeeeching. High pitched. Oh well. It is what it is. She didn't say anything. It was like she was deaf! I don't understand discipline these days at all. I sound like an old fogey, but I promise I'm not. I volunteer to work with kids a LOT at church and I love them.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love the shadows! We had almost total cloud cover so I'm afraid that was it for me. I don't think I'll be around in 2079.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got a "good look". Clouds obscured any viewing here, but it did get dark(er) than it was. I didn't really notice a temperature change though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool,glad you got to experience it! I will begin Sheep Heap pretty soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Top stitching can be a total pain - mine almost always looks choppy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My dog and I enjoyed what was visible here. I also used the trees --- what a great view.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pics--I do like the ones of the boardwalk shadows!!! Tell me about being humbled by a mistake-I'm still smarting from mine! lol

    ReplyDelete