Monday, April 29, 2024

Teamwork

 

On my recent trip up to my sister's house she mentioned that she had bags of paper pieced hexies left from her Daddio quilting days. She asked me how many flowers she would need for a quilt and I told her about 49 so she made 50. 



She lives close to Daughter's house so she came by yesterday afternoon so we could plan out something that we could work on together. She's off on a cross country road trip so I'm going to start appliqueing them down for her. It was the way we used to work together. Dad would make the hexies, she would sew them together and I would applique them down. 



I hated the beige that I had bought as the background so last week I splurged and bought this layer cake and guess what? This material is just as thin and slick as the other. I'm going to have to give it a go since I don't know what else to do but I'm so disappointed. I need to get out to an actual fabric store so I can feel what's going on with material these days. It can't all be bad. 







6 comments:

  1. How nice to be making a quilt with your sister!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your teamwork with your sister is great! I do hope you can find some much better fabric in person. It's a shame to put all the work into quilting and have to use fabric that is just not right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you are working with your sister to make this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Try starching the beige fabric - that might make it nicer to work with.

    Love that this is a family project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck finding the fabric you like!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How nice of your sister, and how disappointing about the fabric.

    ReplyDelete