Friday, July 5, 2019

Yarny Things

 When I was a teacher I hated July. That's when the Back to School stuff starts showing up in the stores. Now it just means more indoor knitting time since it's too hot to do much of anything else. This sock should have been finished but I have the attention span of a gnat whenever the heat index rises. It was 105 here yesterday. Ugh.



 Ditto for Hitchhiker. I am down to doing only two rows a day now. It won't be a 42 tooth Hitchhiker I'm afraid. I am only at 32 now and it's eating up the yarn.



 Slowly but surely the lace project is growing. I can only work on it when no one is around. It's a brain teaser.  It's not a hard chart to knit but you have to wrap your head around reversing the symbols when you knit back because there is lace on both sides.



 My little dishcloth is still the highlight of my knitting day. I am putting one point on a day so I can stretch out the fun. I've got these all over my house at the moment because they make great coasters and in this weather I am always within reach of a glass of iced tea.

13 comments:

  1. That lace project looks so sweet and airy! I can only imagine how soft that yarn is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg! I thought it was hot here but yikes...you're hotter! I guess I better stop complaining. I love that little dishcloth pattern too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also used those pretty dishcloths as coaster. They are so cute! Liana

    ReplyDelete
  4. It gets so hard to be housebound when the temps cook us like that! Great finish on the sock.
    The hitchhiker I made ran out of yarn and had to be ripped out-it is hard to find another handspun to match....

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's just as hot here and we are cooped up in the A/C. I'm off taking a firearms course this weekend and hoping against hope that the range classroom has a/c (Dad doesn't think so but he can't remember for sure). The range is outside, so that means at least some time outdoors. Bleh.
    I love all your projects but that lace... sooooooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all your projects but your dishcloth makes me want to go pick up some cotton and risk carpal tunnel. Knitting with cotton (that's not blended with a lot of silk) kills my wrists, but I love the idea of using the clothes as coasters.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The lace project looks so exquisite. I can just imagine the concentration required for that project. Hitchhiker and sock are both beautiful. If humidity in your area is anything like mine, anything out of the fridge immediately develops condensation. While it was hot here yesterday, it did not make the triple digits.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can you imagine that we were wrapped in blankets last night while watching fireworks at the lake? There is a beautiful breeze right now too.
    I love all of your knitting projects but that airy lace sure has my attention. Gorgeous.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a wide variety of projects:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW you've got the lace thing going now!! Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that lace "don't talk to me" project! I need to find that Hitchhiker pattern; yours is really nice. It's actually a tad chilly here at the moment. Come on over!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are making great progress on your projects. Good luck with the finishes.

    ReplyDelete