Friday, July 12, 2019

Friday Felines TdF Edition



We went shopping yesterday morning to beat the heat and when I got back I caught up with the first re-run of the Tour. 


 Kitty and I discovered that the sun comes in the skylights around 1 in the afternoon. I was blinded by all that light but kitty loved it. She's at my feet whenever I spin. I'm not sure why but she loves to watch.


 In that bright sunlight I could get some decent photos of my work so far. This is Targhee.



I bought this gradient set last Tour but it arrived too late to use. I'm going to spin each braid separately and then use it for some colorwork.



 This is the California Red fleece I washed last spring. It's a pretty decent spin considering I washed it.



 Then there is Dirty Nora. She was the filthiest fleece I ever bought. She's a Shetland and it's been a bit of a slog spinning and picking out icky stuff.



I should have tossed her but look at that face. I owe her at least a bobbin or two. Baaa......

11 comments:

  1. Dirty Nora makes a pretty nice yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful yarns! This year I am Tour de France stitching. Liana

    ReplyDelete
  3. My cat, Nubby, loves laying under my feet when I'm sewing. She complains when I move my feet but it was her choice to lay there to begin with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm guessing that to a kitty, a spinning wheel is mesmerizing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet little spinning companion. Burton is usually under my stool while I'm sewing. It's tricky when I need to get up though - his floof has gotten caught under the legs more than once. You'd think he'd learn but he never does.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your spinning time and companion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dirty Nora is adorable. You could never throw her fleece away. I cannot believe how beautifully you spin. Maybe that's the real reason I got rid of my wheels. I never made such pretty yarn. Mine was always, always lumpy. So I gave both wheels away when my back got bad.
    Finally, I love that the kitty keeps you company. Frannie used to follow the sunlight around the floor but spent most of her time on my lap. I miss her terribly.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know much about spinning but it looks like you have some wonderful components to play with. Love the cat at your feet. How sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dirty Nora should be a poster! I love the colors in the gradient set. Can't wait to see what you make of it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with all of your spinning.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Targhee--what a delicious array of colors; I would dive right into that for my spinning!

    ReplyDelete