Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Stick a Fork In It

 Guess what's finally done? Well, almost done.



 All the blocks are sewn together. All the papers are out. After 6 years of wrestling with it I am counting the place we are now as a done.



 It still needs to be sandwiched and quilted but the soap/sewing room is in full soap mode at the moment so it will have to wait.



I can tell you one thing I learned from this epic experience. I could remove Daddio's thread basted squares much easier than my glued ones. It's something to think about when you have this many to remove. What a job.

10 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Goodness. That is just lovely Debra. The memories you have of doing things with your Dad is wonderful. I have never paper pieced, but I sure have admiration and respect for those that do.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Congratulations! Liana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love all the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful -- even from the back! This is an amazing work and tribute to your Dad's color sense!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done! It's gorgeous. Take a well deserved bow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is absolutely beautiful!!! Epic experience is certainly correct. First of all, I can't imagine making all those squares and I think it is hand pieced. Wow! And then removing all the papers. The end result is just spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It really is fantastic and your hard work has paid off. Well done.

    ReplyDelete