Thursday, July 11, 2019

Three Bins Full

 You'll have to excuse my lack of enthusiasm for the Tour de Fleece this year and this is why. I have three big bins of handspun already taking up room in the closet. Having said that I assure you I am spinning. I'm just not working on anything very interesting.




 I did find something in those bins that might work with my fresh off the wheel skein that needs to be a larger Hitchhiker. I'm not completely convinced. I'll have to give it some thought.



 I also found this from last year's Tour already kitted up for a shawl. Do I start that instead? Decisions, decisions....




I also found this also kitted up from last year's Tour. This is supposed to have been a hat but it's not. It needs to be. I don't need to be spinning. I need to be knitting.




You know I never ask for anything in return for the soap I send you but I am always gobsmacked at what shows up here after every giveaway.  I need to thank Michelle for sending me this gorgeous doily. I can't crochet worth beans so I am always in awe when hooky folks send me their little masterpieces. Isn't it pretty? I love the card too. Thanks again, Michelle!!



And then there's this. Dee from Ohio sent me this book that was written and illustrated by her SISTER. It's the sweetest little book full of homespun stories and drawings that show such a keen appreciation for the simple things in life. It's a lovely little book meant to be treasured-read and re-read.
Thanks so much Dee!!!

10 comments:

  1. So many lovely colors and ideas you have! I have been working on a shawl and some tiny needle embroidery during the Tour but mostly enjoying the scenery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooooooooooooo.....all those yarns are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely yarns and what sweet gifts you received as well. The doily is so pretty and the book looks really interesting too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, the skeins selected for the hat are gorgeous and are screaming to be knit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty yarns! I want to see that hat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, what beautiful colors in the bins and selected for a hat. I would smile every time I searched thru your stash.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Decisions, Decisions! All of that yarn and kits are so tempting. I do like the skeins for the hat very much.
    Such lovely gifts too. I think there was much thought behind both.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful yarns! With all that yarny goodness, I don't know how you choose what to knit next.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You deserve lovely gifts as you are so generous to everybody.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So much beautiful handspuns! Too bad we don't have more time to knit...we have too many distractions! lol The doily is so pretty!
    You are generous and deserve the return!

    ReplyDelete