Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Back and Forth

 I no sooner moved all my sewing stuff into its new room when I had to drag some of it out into the dining area again.




 There are some things that take a lot of room and this project does. I was tired of wrestling with it in a small space so when The Mister left for golf yesterday out it all came.




 I needed to lay it out so I could plan the last row. Taking it out every time I needed to do a block was getting ridiculous. I cut and glued all the pieces to finally finish the thing once and for all.



 Now I have all the remaining blocks sorted and bagged up. I just have to sew them together which is a pleasant enough job to do in my new small space.



Speaking of my new small space, I also managed to get one more block on the Sunflower quilt done. That makes number six out of twenty and I had no problem at all putting it together in my new room. In fact, jobs like this are easier when everything is in arm's reach.

9 comments:

  1. I always have trouble finding place to make quilt sandwich. Assembling it on the floor is no fun, but there is no other way for me. EPPing is perfect though. Can do it anywhere. Liana

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great blocks resulting from your new organizing! Both are coming together beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debra, that quilt is gorgeous! I love how you're loving your new craft room.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both quilts are going to be beautiful! It is wonderful that your new space is meeting your needs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your SUNFLOWER!!!! YES YES YES

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous quilts! I understand about needing a larger area to work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you have room to spread out with it now. Moving it every time probably felt a little self defeating. Good job , pretty and on the way to done. Looks nice all spread out . The other one is a dandy as well.

    ReplyDelete