Saturday, July 20, 2019

Tall Tales



Remember this? This is what my poor side yard looked like last winter.  It took forever to clear all the branches so we could get to those giant trunks. The two trees on the right are gone now but the rest are still laying there because it's too hot and buggy to go out there and work in the summer.



 Yesterday I had just fallen asleep in my chair for an afternoon nap when a loud crash woke me up. It shook the house. I knew that sound. I've heard it too many times before. One of our giant trees split in half and for no reason whatsoever came crashing down taking some other smaller trees with it........


 ....right on top of the pile of trees we still had laying there. Argh. Our big mess is now a much bigger mess. We are going to have to start all over at clearing that new giant pile of brush.



Then there is this. That is my side yard right next to the house. With the trees gone, the sun shines on the spot so the weeds have taken over. I warned The Mister. I said he needed to mow it and he thought I was crazy. Those weeds are waist deep and are going to have to stay that way until next winter. It's full of poison ivy and creepy varmints. Ugh.



I was just telling The Mister that when we get that area sorted out this winter we need to plant pine trees to kill all those weeds.  I love pine trees. We did that in the front and it worked great. Nothing grows under pine trees and they never seem to just want to fall over. Strangely enough, that very same day this candle showed up from Karen In WI. It smells so good. I can't even tell you how amazing it is. I love pine and this is the best pine scent ever. I never thought of making pine soap but now I think I am on a mission.
Thanks Karen!!!!

11 comments:

  1. Pine is one of my favorite scents too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! I don't think I've ever seen a tree split like that. We use pine needles as mulch around the shrubs here in NC. They do keep the weeds down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for the mess in the yard--that would drive me bonkers, too. You are right about the pine forest--nothing grows waist high under them.
    Then you will understand why I am just sick about losing my pine forest where the back of my property flooded (and is still a lake) and it killed all of my pine trees. No resting under them and hearing the needles whisper in the wind...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pine is one of my favorite fragrances! It's such a fresh and "happy" scent! So sorry about the tree mess - not what anyone needs, but it can wait.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry about the tree mess. Pine trees seems to be the answer, enjoy that yummy candle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry for the hassle it's causing but glad the tree fell into the weed pile and not on the house. Oh goodness! I've been suffering from a massive case of fall fever. That candle has sent me straight to Christmas fever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well - at least it didn't fall on the house!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh is definitely right! I cannot imagine even thinking about tackling cleanup in this weather.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That would be so scary. I'm very glad they fell that way and not towards your house.
    Another thought. Is it in the budget to hire that clean-up done? If it is, it would be well worth it to me, especially with the threat of the dreaded poison ivy. I detest that stuff.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how serendipitous to get that candle!! Pines are wonderful. They remind me of camping and they are our beauty in the start winters when their evergreen needles keep color around us

    ReplyDelete