Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Picking Up the Pace

My little spinning nook is still the busiest place in the house but panic is setting in. I always freak out in the last week thinking that I have not accomplished enough. I've got three bins of handspun. I don't really need anymore. Ever. I'm not even on a team this year but old habits and expectations are hard to break.


 I used to count skeins as a finish. That's not going to happen this year. I've got one bobbin of California Red and just started the second.



 I've got one bobbin of Dirty Nora and half of another. Nora may be done with the emphasis on may.



 I've finished two of the five gradient minis. I should have the third done by the time we hit Paris but the other two will have to wait.


 I count the spindles by wind offs. Only the one on the right has been wound off. Tomorrow the green one in the middle will be. It's getting heavy.


 The cotton and the Russian spindle are inching their way to the Champs Elysee. No wind offs here at all and most likely won't be by Sunday.



Then there is this. All that fiber I solar dyed over the weekend has been a distraction. I should have packed it away until winter but it was too tempting. They may be some wonky rolags but that color is certainly to dye for. Vive le Tour. 

9 comments:

  1. That bin of rolags is as happy as an Easter basket! Happy spinning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh! That handspun is wonderful. Have you ever thought of selling any of it? Not that there is anything wrong with admiring it in your bins. :-)
    And those sweet rolags. I love those colors.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty little rolags! I didn't get a ton done this year but at least I participated unlike last year! Perfect little spinning nook!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is all so beautiful! I would have a hard time deciding what to work on. Sort of like being in a candy store.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent work - isn't it fun to have the Tour as a motivation. I love the colorful bin of rolags.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's no such thing as a wonky rolag.....I love them all!! Love your spindle collection too.

    ReplyDelete