Thursday, May 29, 2014

Even More Loose Ends

 Last week I had a major spring cleaning of both my knitting room and my sewing room. Since Christmas they had both been nothing more than storage facilities where I just parked whatever I couldn't find a place for. In that mess I discovered this old gem and actually spent a lovely afternoon working on it. It's a mosaic knitting pattern by Barbara G. Walker and it's easy and fun. Just what I needed at the moment.


It's being made out of a big stash of my late Aunt Esther's vintage cheapo yarn.



This tub is filled to the brim with every color imaginable. I've already decided that the next rows will be that lavender and dark purple.


The really crazy thing is that all of that 20 plus year old yarn is the same price as I can get it today. That's a real bargain.





6 comments:

  1. looking great :) It's always fun to make progress on an old project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great long-term project and special that you're using your aunt's yarn. I'm fascinated by the variety of designs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing like a good clean out and what a buried treasure! I'm going to have to search for mosaic knitting! It's a new one for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is going to be so cool when it's finished!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! Mosaic knitting is one of my favorite knitting techniques. So much fun. Your project is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete