Tuesday, May 6, 2014

2014 MDSW Part Two

I didn't make much of a haul this year in spite of having a pocketful of cash.


The Sister's asked me for some soap so it was the first thing I picked up. We three were supposed to make a day of it this year but of course that didn't happen. Next year-come hell or high water.


 I had wanted some lilac fiber to spin for next year's shawl but couldn't find any that I liked. I settled for this electric turquoise instead and I have to say that I'm not a bit sorry.


 Speaking of next year's shawl, Arietta made it through the day beautifully. She was light and airy enough to be comfortable. For once it was cool enough that the shawl didn't end up in the bag along with my wool socks.


At the Border Collie Rescue booth I found this chew toy for Pup. She loves it.



 See?



Daughter gave me $40 to spend for Mother's Day so I bought this BFL braid in the Mardi Gras colorway because it reminded me of her. She loves New Orleans.


I also used her money to buy this ball of sock yarn. My new rule is that I have to knit this up before next year because I now have so many skeins of commemorative sock yarn that I have seriously run out of room to store them.

 I am most excited about my two new fleeces, both Shetland.


 It's hard to see the difference in these two photos but one is a gray-brown....


...and one is white.


 My final thoughts were, as I went whizzing back by on my way home, was that in spite of the short time I had to visit, this was really the best year ever. There were so many more booths, with so many more interesting things to explore than ever before. I was terribly sad that I wasn't able to make my usual return visit on Sunday but the way things are, I am grateful for the time I had. Next year will be better. It just has to be.










7 comments:

  1. Beautiful selections! You will enjoy working with your purchases for quite awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you were able to enjoy the festival. Love your basket of goodies. The turquoise fiber is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had a such a great time. I love your haul. The chew toy reminds of me of fiber braid :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you got some great goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes I love that bright turquoise

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the soap, it smells wonderful. I will be ordering more goodies from her website in the near future.

    ReplyDelete