Saturday, June 16, 2012

Tea and Crumpets

I have this strange compulsion to eat whatever food I read about on blogs. Especially those I read about after midnight.

I was reading about crumpets and of course I wanted some. Trouble is, you can't get them here. You used to be able to but not anymore. Too bad, because The Mister loves them.

On a rainy Tuesday, I found a recipe and gave it a go. The recipe is simple, the execution not so much.

It took several tries before I got it right. Of course the fact that I left out the 1/2 cup of water from the recipe didn't help. Duh.

Hot from the toaster, spread with butter and jam, they are heaven with a cup of tea. I found a great recipe and tutorial here. There are also several good video tutorials on You Tube.

6 comments:

  1. LOL......I think I read the same blog and had the same reaction!! They look sooooo good! Thanks for the recipe link. I'll be trying them tomorrow...if I had yeast on hand I would be trying them tonight!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucy at Attic 24 was my enabler. You too?

      Delete
  2. They look like English Muffins. Do they taste like them too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are much more doughier (is that a word?) than English muffins. They are only slightly crispy on the outside and because they are fried they are more buttery. I really can't compare them to anything we eat here.

      Delete
  3. oh they look so good...all melty butter and that jam looks like heaven.... I want some...

    ReplyDelete